INGREDIENTS - serves 4
6 sausages (I prefer pork and leek)
1 large onion
1 x tin of beans (I use borlotti or haricot but it is up to you)
1 x 500g carton of passata
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp. mixed herbs
1tsp of oil
1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes
salt to season
mozzarella to serve
1. Put your slow cooker on a low heat and put in your passata, beans, mixed herbs and chilli.
2. In a pan, turn your sausages until they are nicely browned on all sides
3. Slice your sausages into 4 pieces then put in your slow cooker
4. Finely dice your onion and garlic and sauté in the same pan you browned your sausages in with a tsp of oil, then add to your slow cooker
5. Slice your courgette and mushrooms into similar size pieces and heat through again in the same pan before adding to your slow cooker.
6. Give the ingredients in your slow cooker a stir then leave the lid on and cook for two hours on a high setting or four hours on low.
Enjoy : )